FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do you hop freight trains?
- At this time, no. And I most likely will not.
2. How does one go about hopping freight trains?
- Since I myself do not ride fright trains, and since in many parts of the world it is illegal, I can’t really give you good advice. The best thing I can tell you is to give it a lot of research, online and offline. That is, only if you are adamant about it, because there are many risks to the practice. There are plenty of resources online, and if you search through my earlier archives, I have answered this question with links to websites that I have found as helpful. There are also others who have hopped freight trains that may be willing to give you advice, but you will have to ask carefully, as not all who catch out are willing to tell others their “secrets.” Watch trains go in and out of your local freight yard, keep a keen eye on the speed as they are leaving, what kind of schedules they keep, how many people patrol the yard. Dress comfortably and according to the weather, have plenty of resources, be extra careful. Don’t be a fool, don’t get hurt, don’t get arrested. Yadda yadda, I’m not your mother.
3. Can I submit my picture/website/video here?
- I will accept most submissions as long as they are relevant to freight trains, railroads, and any kind of history regarding trains. I love submissions!
4. Why wasn’t my submission posted?
- I hardly ever reject submissions. If I do, it’s most likely because somehow it won’t work, and under those circumstances, you will be contacted and you will have plenty of opportunity to resubmit. However, if for any reason your submission is seen as offensive, I will not post it. Don’t be a jerk.
5. Who runs this blog?
- Just me, mutilated. You can call me Ronnie.
6. You are using my property without permission!
- If this is the case, PLEASE CONTACT ME. I will remove any of your property as soon as I can. Though, nearly every picture that I post includes the source, usually from flickr. I cannot guarantee that everything I reblog will do the same, but if something of yours is missing credit, please contact me and I will change that.
7. Thanks for following me!
- Yeah this isn’t a question, but I follow back everyone who follows me on this blog. You are welcome :)